Karoline Leavitt, 22 September 2026



… ignores what the president actually did.

"They believe they are the arbiters of the truth and doing the country a great service, but they are clearly slanted and biased against the president. I’ve seen it so many times. This is how fake news is manufactured.

A hack journalist comes up with a narrative on their own that they think is true about the president or the White House.

They love the palace-intrigue stories: this person is fighting with that person. About 90% of my job was batting down fake stuff.

They will go find a source who has no idea what they’re talking about, was not in the room, doesn’t even work at the White House — maybe worked on the campaign as a volunteer staffer for one day.

Then they say, “A source close to President Trump told us this.” Who’s your source? Because I was in the room. I’m a better source than them, and I’m telling you this did not happen.

They’ll still write it. All they need is two sources: one to say that happened, another they call who says, “Yeah, that probably sounds right.” Then the story is written.

You can have the White House aggressively on the record pushing back, and they’ll still print it. It’ll be on the front page of the paper the next day. That’s how things get written. They just seek a bad narrative and they’ll find anyone who helps them push that narrative.

The other thing — the bias of omission is the most dangerous. You can see I get all fired up about this stuff. What you don’t see in the news. I watched CNN when I was in my job. I watched it all day, every day. I had to know what the opponent was saying. I had to be prepared.

The president would sign amazing executive orders or give great speeches that they don’t even cover.

They don’t even mention that the President of the United States did this or that on any given day. Don’t you think your audience deserves to know what their president is doing? They don’t think so.

I’ve gotten on the phone with the leadership of all those stations and said, “Why are you not taking the president’s remarks live? Just let your audience decide how they feel about this.” “Oh well, we have more important things to cover today.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment