Karl Rove

When I was in the Bush 43 Admin, @RealTheoWold , Rove had a plan to recognize Native Hawaiians as an Indian tribe (the history of Hawaii is much different than the real tribes of the continental U.S. and as a legal matter they couldn’t qualify, cf. Rice v Cayetano).

Rove thought it would ensure that Hawaii would have two Republican Senators ad infinitum.

I thought that was the political equivalent of smoking crack in its delusional nature.

With some stalwarts in OLC, I was proud to successfully resist such a Rovian “Republican” policy from my perch at DOJ.

It was literal lunacy.

And as a general principle, proliferating new governmental entities should be presumptively resisted. We have enough balkanization of various kinds in America already.

Jeff Clark

… provide every elites an exploitable household labor class, and that all of these foreign nationals would be future GOP voters.

And yet, Hispanics continue to be a reliable Democrat vote and Republicans didn't make significant gains with them until Donald Trump ran on the complete opposite platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment