… United States and Destruction of Veterans' Memorials, in Federal District Court against Melissa L. Farris, offenses that carry penalties of up to ten years in prison. She is now in custody.Vandalizing our World War II Memorial is a despicable attack on a sacred monument honoring the Americans who fought and died for our freedom. Those Americans include my father and grandfather.
— US Attorney Pirro (@USAttyPirro) August 14, 2026
This morning, we are filing two felony charges, Depredation Against Property of the… pic.twitter.com/7EQxGWtdue
… the Atlantic Theatre Pavilion of the World War II Memorial on the National Mall, announced U.S. Attorney Jeanine Ferris Pirro.Melissa Farris, 41, of Elizabethtown, Kentucky, was charged by criminal complaint this morning in connection with vandalizing the Atlantic Theatre Pavilion of the World War II Memorial on the National Mall, announced @USAttyPirro. https://t.co/tgZlIejCOk
— U.S. Attorney DC (@USAO_DC) August 14, 2026
According to the criminal complaint, U.S. Park Police were called about 2 p.m. on August 13 for a report of a disorderly person. A witness told officers that they had observed a woman spray painting graffiti on portions of the Atlantic Theatre Pavilion of the World War II Memorial at the eastern end of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool.
A United States Park Ranger arrived at the scene and observed foam in the fountain area of the Atlantic pavilion. Multiple people were gathered around the balcony watching a woman shooting video of herself. The woman fled when she became aware of the Ranger’s presence.
In a review of Farris’s public social media accounts, investigators discovered that she had recorded multiple livestream videos on August 13. In one recorded video, she allegedly admitted to damaging the World War II Memorial.
Before Farris defaced the World War II Memorial, she had allegedly recorded and posted a video in which she stated, “I am cognitively aware and executively (sic) of the choices I am making and I am doing so to push my whistleblower case into the courtroom . . . someone has to make choices that are different and I am accountable for my actions. I am going to make these choices today and I will step foot into the courtroom, and I will wait to be arrested . . . I am accountable for the things that I do and the choices that I make and our government needs to be accountable for their choices too.”
… it during WWII. SAD!The vandal who spray painted the World War II Memorial filmed her own crime and posted it to Facebook, proud of degrading a monument to America's fallen heroes.
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) August 14, 2026
The radical left hates America so much they will desecrate the memory of the hundreds of thousands who died defending… pic.twitter.com/vz9ZS8yJGH
… mental health program.Hmmm. She can be charged but after all the crying towels are soaked up in court the Liberal Judges of DC will probably praise her and either let her off because of temporary mental (Trump) illness or give her probation, for the same reason, referring her to a publicly paid…
— Pro_Liberte (@SeeTrek) August 14, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment