The Fauci lawyer that was ejected from the room literally pulled a chair labeled “reserved for witness” for himself up to the witness dais.
— Senator Rand Paul (@SenRandPaul) July 29, 2026
Utterly disrespectful. pic.twitter.com/GeNAQopjyB
… table. And we told you you would not be recognized. You are not invited here for testimony, sir. You are being disruptive."BREAKING: Sen. Rand Paul removes Dr. Anthony Fauci's lawyer from his Senate hearing after repeatedly talking over Paul to defend Fauci after not being invited to speak.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) July 29, 2026
"You will respect these proceedings. You were told not to sit at the table. You insist on sitting at the… pic.twitter.com/VPVQAT6m01
"Would you behave this way in a courtroom? No, because the judge would put you in jail. I can't do that today, but I can have you escorted from the premises."
"So I would say, sir, sit quietly and don't say another word. I said sit quietly. You are not recognized. Another word and you're gone."
After another back-and-forth and the attorney's refusal to listen, Paul then had security remove him from the room.
… tell the committee,” his attorney tells press after being removed.Chairman Rand Paul just had security remove Dr. Fauci’s attorney from the hearing room for being “unruly” and interrupting the hearing without being recognized by the chair
— Virginia Grace McKinnon (@virginiagmck) July 29, 2026
“He has a valid 5th amendment privilege and he has the right to assert it and that’s what I was trying to… pic.twitter.com/WeMAyCmqsn
…That's what that letter is. The attorney's complaining and testifying, saying 'He didn't do it. The prosecution's unfair.'"BLUMENTHAL: "[Fauci's] attorney has been gagged, thrown out of this hearing room... [Mistakes] should certainly be addressed. But not in a show trial..."
— The Vigilant Fox 🦊 (@VigilantFox) July 29, 2026
PAUL: "In NO COURTROOM in America can you have your witness plead the Fifth Amendment, then your attorney gets to testify.… pic.twitter.com/GNYBLWHBES
"You don't get to do that. That's one thing you give up when you take the Fifth Amendment."
"You say, 'I'm not going to testify, I'm not going to give you any information.' You don't then get to put your lawyer forward to justify it. He can do it in the press, but you can't come and testify. [Fauci's lawyer] was not invited to testify, and he was out of order, and it was appropriate to have him ejected."
No comments:
Post a Comment