Donald J Trump
… provided "due process." She is not entitled to any kind of quasi-judicial process as to her firing -- just "notice" and "an opportunity to be heard" which can be in writing.The decision on Fed. Gov. Lisa Cook is far narrower than is being made out.
— Shipwreckedcrew (@shipwreckedcrew) June 29, 2026
At its core it says only that she needs to be given the information upon which her termination is based, and an opportunity to respond. After that, that termination can go forward as she will have been…
… "[A]s far as I am aware, no court ever before today (including the two courts below) has held that any federal statute implicitly requires notice and a hearing when it provides for a term of years limited by removal for cause."Justice Thomas suggests that the Court simply conjures rationales out of thin air when it wants to get to a certain outcome -- in this case insulating a Federal Reserve Board Governor from a president seeking to remove her:
— Benjamin Weingarten (@bhweingarten) June 29, 2026
"[A]s far as I am aware, no court ever before today… pic.twitter.com/6Tz7oqhNCR
🚨 In a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court refused to let President Trump remove Federal Reserve Governor Lisa Cook while litigation continues, holding that the Federal Reserve's longstanding independence from presidential control is rooted in the Nation's history and tradition. pic.twitter.com/jQa8vWTu4y
— SCOTUS Wire (@scotus_wire) June 29, 2026
As I have repeatedly said, I believe Lisa Cook will be indicted for mortgage fraud.
— Pulte (@pulte) June 29, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment